Happily ever after
- Don’t give up; happiness is easier to swallow
- The closest thing to living without HIV is the treatmnet that gives us a happily ever after
- Spread the word, not the virus
Description: The advances in treatment of HIV allows positive people to live normal lives full of all that life has to offer including love, children, quality of life and hope. A group of HIV+ adolescents made this video to encourage other HIV+ people to consider the value of taking the medications that make HIV more manageable.
- You wouldn’t react like this, would you?
- React to disclosure mindfully
- HIV is not a death sentence, it’s a chronic manageable condition.
Description: Many times people with HIV have a very difficult time disclosing their status. People React mindfully.
Both videos were produced by the Spencer Cox Centre for Health and made by a group of HIV+ adolescents in New York City through the MyMediaLife process, a program that teaches participants social marketing and film-making. The process changes participants' outlooks and lives. For more information on MyMediaLife go to www.mymedialifeworks.com.