The first workshop in the 2013-2014 series of free open discussion forums for people living with HIV hosted by the AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT) is on a topic requested by many people: HIV and aging — Empowerment and resilience.
It will focus on
- Aging that is medically mindful and healthy
- Support from within: The changing family structure
- Making social and mental health choices you can live with
The guest speakers are:
- Gordon A. Arbess, MD, CPCFP, Department of Family and Community Medicine, St Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto
- Charles Furlotte, MSW, RSW, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
The forum will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 7:00 pm at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, 300 Jarvis Street in Toronto.
It will also be webcast live so those who cannot attend in person can participate in the event online. The forum and the webcast will begin promptly at 7:00 pm and last two hours.
To join the live webinar: login at 7:00 pm EST on September 18 (00:00 UTC, September 19) at www.actoronto.org/forum
The forum will also be recorded and should be available for viewing on the day following the event at the same website: www.actoronto.org/forum
This forum and webinar are free and no registration is required. For those attending in person, a light buffet will be available from 6:30 pm.
For more information, see the flyer below or contact Robin Rhodes at
or 416 340 8484 ext. 219.