Webinar: HIV and mental health: New thinking, new strategies
ACT’s third Community Health Forum in the current series is on new thinking and strategies with regard to HIV and mental health. Attendance is free. The forum will also be available as a webinar.
The third workshop in the current series of free open discussion forums for people living with HIV hosted by the AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT) will be held on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 7:00 pm at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, 300 Jarvis Street in Toronto. The topic this month is HIV and mental health: New thinking, new strategies.
Topics to be discussed at this forum include:
- Mental illness is common in HIV, whether present before infection or as a complication of living with HIV
- Optimizing mental health improves compliance with HIV medications
- Reduction of high-risk activities improves health and quality of life
- Client tracking
The guest speakers will be:
- Dr Evan Collins, psychiatrist at the Immunodeficiency Clinic at Toronto General Hospital
- Dr Jennifer Grochocinski, naturopathic doctor
The workshop will be webcast live so those who cannot attend in person can participate in the event online. The forum and the webcast will begin promptly at 7:00 pm and last two hours.
To join the live webinar: login at 7:00 pm EDT on November 14 (00:00 UTC, November 15) at www.actoronto.org/forum.
The forum will also be recorded and should be available for viewing on the day following the event at the same website: www.actoronto.org/forum.
This forum and webinar are free and no registration is required. For those attending in person, a light buffet will be available from 6:00 pm.